TIPS & TRICKS
EXFOLIATING BEFORE HAIR REMOVAL IS KEY TO A SMOOTH, LUSCIOUS END RESULT
- Exfoliating before shaving/waxing/however you choose to remove hair is a great way to PREVENT ingrown hairs
- If you have more sensitive skin or you're removing hair from a *hint hint* sensitive area *ahem* you may want to exfoliate a day prior to hair removal instead of immediately beforehand.
THE BEST SCRUBS FOR THIS ARE:
UTILIZING YOUR BLACK ORCHID PRODUCTS IN A MULTITUDE OF WAYS IS FUN & COST EFFECTIVE
- Taking a liquid black soap & the Black Orchid scrub of your choice, blend them together, apply to your moist skin like a face masque.
- Your Black Orchid Lavender ylang-ylang hair & scalp oil can be added to your favorite conditioner to create a super nutritious hair masque
- ALL Black orchid scrubs (EXCEPT the three sea salt variations) can be used as BOTH facial scrubs AND body scrubs. Sea Salt is best used strictly as a body scrub or as a bath soak.
- The *BRAND NEW* whipped shea butter & body oil are fragrance free- 2 or 3 drops of your favorite essential oil added in will personalize them just for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WAS BLACK ORCHID CREATED?
April 1st, 2016
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY/OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.?
Not yet, BUT IT'S IN THE WORKS!
WHY NOT?! DON'T YOU LOVE US IN [INSERT MULTIPLE COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD]?!!
YES! Black Orchid loves you, we love you enough to not charge you 50+ dollars for shipping.
HOW DOES THE HAIR & SCALP OIL SMELL?
It's a blend of ylang-ylang, lavender, clary sage, & lemon essential oils. A light citrus-y floral, not too strong but very pleasant.
AND THE BEARD OIL?
Cedarwood, Australian sandalwood, & bergamot essential oils make up the fragrance blend for the beard oil. Woodsy but light & not remotely overpowering.
WHAT'S THE GENTLEST SCRUB?
The Rosemary Citrus Sugar Scrub, definitely.
SHOULD I APPLY THE SCRUBS TO DRY OR WET SKIN?
With ALL the sugar scrubs except the Rose Honey Oatmeal applying to dryer skin is better, solely because the sugar particles are so small & delicate they'll dissolve onto a wet surface.
With the coffee & sea salt scrubs, applying to damp/wet skin or dry skin just depends on what you prefer.
When exfoliating in the shower, letting the warm water "open up your pores" but moving out of the direct stream of water will ensure that you lose less product & reap all the benefits.
WHAT'S THE BEST SCRUB FOR ME?
You can consult these pages if you know your skin type:
Or if you'd like a personal consultation, you can message us on any of our social media platforms.
We'd love to hear from you!
If you have any more questions PLEASE feel free to contact us!